Assam Marriage Certificate
To demonstrate that someone is lawfully married to someone, a marriage must be compulsorily registered. Marriage in Assam can be either Hindu or Special, depending on the religions of the parties involved. Marriages can be registered online through the Registrar’s offices in Assam or at an office of a Notary Public in India. After registering your marriage in Assam, you will receive a marriage certificate. In this post, we’ll go over how to obtain an Assam marriage certificate.
What is the Purpose of a Marriage Certificate?
The reasons for registering the marriage are as follows:
- To prevent child marriages.
- To facilitate widows being able to claim an inheritance.
- To assist ladies in exercising their right to maintenance from and custody of their children.
- To prevent husbands from deserting their wives.
- In the event of a spouse’s death, one may claim bank deposits and life insurance.
Who Can Apply?
In Assam, the following conditions must be met to obtain a marriage certificate.
- The bride and groom must be 18 and 21 years old, respectively.
- The minimum age for the bride should be 18, and 21 years of age for the groom.
Produce the following documents at the time of submitting your application:
- Your marriage is a commitment that should be proven.
- A record of the birthdates of both the Bride and Groom
- Official documentation that proves the place of residence for both bride and groom.
- Both sides will be photographed.
- Invitation Card for a Wedding Reception
- A Picture of a Married Couple
Cost of Administration
The following are the fees for marriages under the Special Marriage Act and Hindu Marriage Act:
- The marriage application fee is two rupees.
- The fee for issuing a certificate is Rs 6.
- The Assam Right to Public Service (ARTPS) fee is two hundred rupees.
The Assam marriage certificate will be issued within 90 days to the appropriate officer after all required documents have been submitted.
Hindu marriage registrations are handled by all District Head Quarter Sub-Registrars, while special marriages can only be executed by Registering Officers in the district’s headquarter. The Marriage Officer is usually a Deputy Commissioner’s office EAC (Judicial) (normally known as the Marriage Officer).
How to Apply for a Marriage Certificate in Nevada
To get an Assam marriage certificate, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Assam government’s official e-district website.
- Look for the “Online Services” option on the home page and click it to discover our online services.
- Please select “Downloading e-forms with Supporting Documents” from the dropdown menu to obtain the marriage registration application form.
- After you print out the application form, fill in the necessary details and attach all required documents.
- Submitting a completed application form to the correct office is necessary.
After completing the application form, applicants will receive an application number as a notification that their application is being processed.
Status of the Tracking Application
Assam Government’s website makes it simple to track your application by only requiring your application number. If it’s been approved, then you will be issued a certificate within a reasonable timeframe from when you applied. Plus, this certificate can all be downloaded online!
Registration of the marriage
From the Assam government home page, select the option to verify your marriage certificate. A new page will appear. Type in your application number and select “Submit” to view the information on your marriage certificate.
Download your Marriage Certificate here.
To download your marriage registration certificate, go to the official website of your state government and log in. To download your certificate, go to the homepage and click “Download Certificate” under the online service menu. After entering your acknowledgment number, click “Get Certificate.”