Can I Get My Marriage Certificate After 15 Years of Marriage?
What Are the Various Types of Marriage Certificates Available in India?
- Marriage certificates can be obtained in a number of different ways in India. Some certificates are issued by the government, certificates issued by religious authorities, and certificates issued by civil authorities.
- The government-issued marriage certificates are the most common. These certificates are typically issued within a few days of the ceremony. They contain all of the necessary information, including the names of both parties and the date of the ceremony.
- Religious authority-issued marriage certificates are also common. These certificates are typically issued by religious leaders who are authorized to issue such certificates by law. The religious authority may or may not be affiliated with the government.
- The civil authority-issued marriage certificates are typically issued by officials responsible for overseeing marriages in a particular area.
- It is important to note that not all jurisdictions will accept all types of marriage certificates. It is important to check with the appropriate authority before obtaining a certificate.
A Civil vs. a Religious Marriage Certificate
In India, a government-issued marriage certificate is only given once the marriage has been legally registered. If the couple also wants a religious ceremony, they must receive a separate religious marriage certificate from an authorized individual such as a priest.
A civil marriage certificate and a religious one have several notable differences. A couple always has a valid civil marriage certificate, which they need to get various benefits from the government, including a passport or driver’s license. In contrast, a religious marriage certificate only lasts for as long as the religion recognizes the union–usually until death does them part.
Also, people use this document primarily to prove their married status within the church or for certain rights like inheritance inside religious families. How can I show that my marriage is legal?
A marriage certificate is a crucial document that couples use to establish the legality of their relationship, and it may be obtained in various ways. The most common method to obtain a marriage certificate is through the government office that originally issued it; however, you’ll need to produce proof of your identity and wedding date and pay a fee. Acquiring it from a religious group is another alternative.
If none of these choices are suitable or accessible to you, don’t worry! A court order may still validate your marriage. You’ll need to show that your marriage was legal in the state where it took place by providing things like a certified Marriage Certificate Affidavit from officiating minister/priest’s Court records.
How to Register Your Marriage After 15 Years
You can get a marriage certificate if you have been married for 15 years or more in India. However, there are exceptions to this rule. The marriage may not be lawfully registered if one of the spouses is under the legal age of 18 years or if one of the spouses is unknown from the records.
You can apply for a marriage certificate at your local registrar’s office. To do so, you’ll need to provide evidence of your marriage and ID documents for both partners. The registrar may also ask for additional paperwork, such as health records or police reports.
Applying for a marriage certificate can take some time, so set aside the necessary preparations in advance. This includes collecting all required documents and ensuring you have the correct identification.
All the Documents You Need to Apply for a Registration Renewal After 15 Years
To apply for a Marriage Certificate, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A certified copy of your birth certificate
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Proof of residence in your country for the past 6 months (if you are living outside of India)
- Proof of your spouse’s residence in your country for the past 6 months (if you are applying on behalf of your spouse)
- The application fee is payable in cash or through a credit/debit card. You can also apply online.
If you’re a foreigner married to an Indian, consult the Indian Embassy’s website for more information on obtaining a marriage certificate. If you have questions regarding this procedure, contact the Indian mission in your country of origin.
Many couples in India want their marriage certificate after years of matrimony. However, several hoops must be jumped before the document may be obtained. Marriageregistration can assist you in getting through this procedure quickly by contacting them now.