How to apply for Inter-Caste Marriage Benefits
The Social Justice Department of the Government of Kerala instituted the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme to further equality. Under the scheme, the Kerala government provides money to those who have wed outside their caste. This does not apply to couples who are already considered under the scheduled caste or scheduled tribe. To receive these benefits, you need only submit your marriage certificate as proof. We look at the procedure below for more information on availing this benefit under the inter caste marriage scheme.
The Advantages of the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme.
The advantages of the intercaste marriage scheme are twofold: financial benefits to couples who have an intercaste marriage and promoting equality and tolerance amongst all persons of the community.
Criteria for Eligibility
The criteria for eligibility to receive subsidies under the intercaste marriage plan are as follows:
- The combined family income of the couple should not exceed Rs.50,000.
- This scheme is available to any couple who is legally married.
- The scheme is available for married couples after their first year of marriage.
- If the couple applies for this benefit after three years of marriage, their application will be rejected.
Intercaste Marriage: Financial Assistance Available
The Government of Kerala provides a one-time grant of Rs.30,000 to all eligible intercaste married couples in the state. The couples must sign an agreement and provide documents to LSGI after receiving the money. The following are among the reasons for which financial aid may be received under this program:
- How to Start a Business
- For purchasing land, see this page.
- Construction of homes
The IRS will send an income tax statement to LGI clients for the Mapped Advancement Program and Special Needs Trust contribution. The funds are then transferred to a third-party administration company, which verifies that they have been used as originally intended.
Which documents do I need?
The following documents are necessary to be eligible for the intercaste marriage registration scheme in Kerala:
- Ration card
- Original income certificates of the families – A copy is required.
- To marry, you’ll need a registration certificate from the Sub Registrar’s office or Panchayat President. You may also submit a certificate issued from NSS or SND.
- Certificate of marriage and partnership certification for both spouses
- A certificate that a Hindu inter-caste married couple has been together for one year. (It can be obtained from the Gazetted Officer, MLA, and MP of the concerned area)
- Please submit a copy of your government-issued ID, for example, a Voter ID or Aadhaar card
Getting Involved In Intercaste Marriage Scheme
The applicant must fill out an application and submit all necessary documents to District Social Justice Officers.