How To Apply For Marriage Registration In Gurgaon
In India, marriage is considered a holy connection. Quite a few Indian societies think that marriage is a seven-life bond. Hindu customs state that fire is the main witness to the wedding. That takes care of the social part, though. For the legal element, you need documentary evidence too. According to religious wedding traditions and specific marriage acts, the Registrar has to give out a marriage certificate. In India, two laws usually follow for marriage registration: The Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 and the Special Marriage Act from1954.
The Purpose of Marriage Registration
A marriage certificate is required to establish a couple’s legal marital status. It is conclusive evidence of a marriage and may be used in many situations, including the passport office, court, bank, insurance department, etc. This certificate can be useful in instances such as those mentioned above.
It might become necessary.
- In the case of a divorce
- While determining the paternity of a child
- If you want to change your name after getting married
- If you’re looking for life insurance as part of your genealogical background, here are the steps to follow.
Who Is Eligible to Apply for Marriage Registration?
- There should be no marriage between either party and anyone else.
- The minimum age for the bridegroom is twenty-one (21) years old, and the minimum age for the bride is eighteen (18).
- The parties should not be unable to give informed consent for the marriage, have a mental illness that prevents them from doing so, be unsuitable for marriage and childbearing, or have been subjected to repeated insanity assaults.
- The parties should not be in a prohibited relationship.
Documents You Need to Submit an Application for Registration
- The bride and groom submit an application form that has been meticulously completed and signed.
- Receive evidence of the other person’s date of birth through a matriculation/passport/birth certificate.
- The husband and wife must provide identification (PAN Card/ voter ID/ driving license/ Aadhaar card).
- Acceptable forms of proof of residence include a ration card, voter ID, passport, or driving license.
- These are pictures from four separate events: Varmala, Mangal Sutra, Mang Tika, and Phere.
- A family photograph.
- There will be two witnesses per side.
- A photo of a satisfied customer with their testimony.
- A passport-sized photo of each witness
- The bride’s and groom’s affidavits
- Seven copies of photographs of the husband and wife together (The photos should have a white background and be 3×2 in size).
- The husband appears in court with the wife and their witnesses.
- A picture of the wedding reception venue
- Pandit Ji sent a notice on an ordinary paper claiming that the groom (name) S / O …. (name), after being married to the bride (name) D / O … at Marriage, is, in fact, Pandit Ji himself, who officiated at their wedding. Gurudwara / Church/ Kazi / Priest certificate in case a non-Hindu custom of marriage was followed.
- If the wife or husband is a divorcee, the court will dissolve the marriage.
- Death certificate of any former partners, if applicable.
How to Register Your Marriage in Gurgoan
In Gurgaon, you can either file your marriage paperwork online or offline.
The offline procedure
- After you have gathered all the required documents, put together the application and include any necessary affidavits. Next, make an appointment at the registrar of the marriage office located in the Sub Divisional Magistrate’s office that has jurisdiction over your area.
- Make sure to bring your partner and witnesses, along with the completed application, affidavit, and all required documentation (for all spouses and witnesses).
- The appointment date is usually set within 15 days, but it could take up to 60 days. If you want the marriage certificate as soon as possible, choose Tatkal registration.
Procedure for Applying Online
- Log in to begin your online application.
- After that, sign in as a new user. Then use an OTP to verify your email address and phone number.
- To begin, sign up using your email address and password.
- From the left-hand menu, choose ‘Apply for a Service.’”
- Then look for marriage registration.
- Since you’re in Gurgaon, choose the urban marriage registration option.
- Fill in the groom, bride, and witnesses.
- Submit the filled-in marriage registration fee after supplying the required details.
- After that, upload all of your paperwork. You must also submit bride, groom, and witness affidavits.
- After that, you can print your application for a marriage certificate if you so choose.
- After you’ve paid your bill, get an acknowledgment slip and a copy of your application.
Marriage Registration Witnesses’ Rules
To register a marriage in Gurgoan, you need at least two witnesses to sign. To become a witness to a marriage, certain requirements must be met:
- Witnesses should be at least 21 years of age.
- Anyone who has attended the pair’s wedding might be called to testify at the marriage registration.
- The bride and groom’s closest blood relatives are the ideal witnesses.
- Furthermore, it is preferred for a parent to witness the registration.
The witness must provide the following documents:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Please provide a notarized affidavit, as well as self-attested copies of proof of address and passport-sized photographs.