How to Change the Name on Pan Card after Marriage
It is extremely simple to change your PAN Card after completing the online marriage registration procedure. Take the following steps to apply for your PAN Card:
The Online Process is Simple.
- To update your PAN card, go to the TIN-NSDL website or UTIITSL.
- Fill out the form, including all of the information found in the proofing notes.
- Please include your PAN in the form; check the box beside your name.
- Select “Validate” to ensure that all the data in the form is correct.
- Once you have verified the information, press the “Submit” button.
- To finish requesting your service, pay now. You have a few payment choices: cash cards, debit/credit cards, and net banking.
- Upon completing the transaction, print the PAN application form by downloading it.
- Please fill out a passport-size photo form and sign it.
- Provide the necessary documentary evidence for the application form (self-attested).
- If you make your application through NSDL, send it to them by mail. If made through the UTIITSL portal, send it to UTIITSL instead.
- The application reference number can be used to check the status of your PAN card application.
This is the process for offline payments:
If you are not quite happy with the online procedure, you may file for the last name change after marriage without going through the internet. The procedures are as follows:
- The Request for New PAN Card and Request for Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form are the two alternatives to creating a new card.
- Please go over the form carefully and make sure you complete all required fields.
- Include, if necessary, any requested supporting material, such as a passport photo, proof of identity, and proof of residence.
- Once you have the paperwork in order, please take it to the NSDL collecting center closest to you.
- Keep tabs on the status of your PAN Card application. by inputting the 15-digit acknowledgment number you were given when you applied. If there are any changes or updates needed on your PAN Card, you will be required to pay a fee.
Documents You’ll Need If You Want to Change Your Name on Your PAN Card After Marriage
The name on your PAN Card must be changed if you marry. The following documents are required to change a person’s name on their PAN card after marriage:
- A marriage license or invitation card.
- A name change is announced in a government publication.
- A photocopy of your passport with your husband’s name on it.
- A certificate from a registered official noting the applicant’s name change.
After completing the online application form, Protean of Technologies Limited must receive your acknowledgment form within 15 days. You will get a new PAN card with the new name and the same Permanent Account Number (a ten-digit alphanumeric code) once your application has been completed.
Guidelines for Amending Your PAN Card Application
To request a correction or re-issuance of a PAN Card, the applicant must submit an Application to Replace or Amend Existing PAN Card (Form RC165) with the following documentation: o An original, notarized copy of your birth certificate. -> To ask for a change or reissue of your existing PAN card, you must complete and submit an Application to Change or Amend Existing PAN Card (Form RC165) along with the following materials: o A certified copy of your birth certificate.
The ITD (Income Tax Department) will update the communication address in its database using the address provided by the applicant on the application form. This way, you can change or correct your PAN data and receive a new PAN card with accurate information.
A PAN card is an identification document for filing Income Tax Returns (ITR). It tracks our financial information and history, which helps the government keep tabs on domestic activity. After marriage, Indian women often change their last names. If so, they’ll need to update their documents and PAN cards accordingly.