How to change the name on the Aadar card after marriage
After you change your name after Marriage Registration, you may want to update the name on your Aadhar card. Here we share how to do so. If you have recently got married and changed your name, then make sure also to change the corresponding information on your Aadhaar Card.
How to Update Your Name in Your Aadhaar Card After Wedding | Offline:
- Come to our location that is closest to you.
- Give the executive your Aadhaar card and pertinent information.
- Please fill out the box below and send us your documents to validate your ownership of a new or used vehicle.
- For authentication purposes, your biometric information will be required to complete this process.
- The final step is to have your original paper re-delivered to you.
- Once the job is complete, you’ll get a slip with the acknowledgment number.
- The acknowledgment number is a code that tells you whether or not an update to your Aadhaar data has been completed.
Here’s a Step-by-Step Process to Changes Your name on your Aadhaar Card After Marriage Online:
- Using your Aadhaar number, log in to the self-service update portal.
- Fill out the form correctly for your name or surname change.
- The next step, after you’ve self-attested the scanned document, is to upload it. Document with the supporting documents.
- A One-Time Password will be sent to the mobile number you registered with. It would help if you then authenticated it using that same password.
- It’s completely free.
What documents do you need to update your name on your Aadhaar card?
To change your name in Aadhaar, you’ll need a copy of your marriage certificate. Please include the Marriage Certificate when applying for—a government-issued address. If the applicant fails to produce the actual, a photocopy of the marriage certificate will be disregarded during processing. Seva Kendra will send back a scan of the original marriage certificate if you deliver it directly to them.
- A document signed by the Marriage Registrar proves that the applicant is married.
- Your certificate of the name change has been legally approved.
- The applicant’s identity certificate and photo must be verified on letterhead and issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar.
What is the cost of updating your name on your Aadhaar card after marriage?
The applicant will pay a fixed amount of ₹ 50 to the executive, which includes all taxes, after submitting an update request. You will receive an acknowledgment slip if you submit an update request. You will never be charged more than the authorized maximum amount by UIDAI. If you are asked for more than the allowed limit and any executive breaches your rights, you can always file a complaint via the Grievance Redressal Mechanism online.
My name will be live in how many days? Aadhaar the card be updated?
It may take up to 90 days for changes made to your Aadhaar card to reflect online. In the meantime, you can check existing details and track new updates by inputting your URN (Update Request Number) from the acknowledgment slip provided when you submit changes.
If I update my information with UIDAI, will they send me the updated Aadhaar card? If not, what should I do to get it?
On the Aadhar card, get it stamped at any of the authorized Post offices. If you do not receive an updated Aadhar card, you can request a reprint by filling in an online form. You must pay a processing fee of Rs 50 to UIDAI via the internet.
Why might my application to change my name in Aadhaar after marriage be rejected?
Yes, the application may be rejected if a false or unverified document is created during the application process.