How To Get Marriage In Lock-Down In Karnataka
According to the Health Department’s latest announcement, conducting a wedding during COVID-19 in Karnataka is possible if you downsize the guest list.
Due to the lockdown, the Karnataka government has imposed limits on weddings. The state will be in a complete shutdown until May 24, 2021. Couples may now choose to have a small traditional wedding with a restricted guest list rather than relying on technology to perform wedding rituals.
How to Obtain Permission to Conduct a Wedding During a Lockdown
Before a wedding can take place, the organizers must send an invitation card along with _____ to the relevant officials. Documents may vary depending on your location, but usually, Joint Commissioners of BBMP Zones or Tahsildars in districts will suffice. Upon receiving the application, 40 passes are allocated per wedding. These passes cannot be transferred and belong solely to the event.
COVID-19 Adversary for Conducting a Wedding
The following guidelines are suggested in an advisory for weddings and similar events.
- Marriages can accommodate up to 40 people.
- The event must take place in a public area with good natural ventilation. Weddings should not be held in air-conditioned buildings.
- Sanitizers must be available at the entrance and other strategic locations.
- We require all guests to wash their hands with soap and water in the bathrooms.
- The site must be clean and sanitary.
- At the venue, one person must be designated as nodal administrator to oversee all arrangements and coordination.
- Attendees will be listed with their contact information. It must be kept.
- It is considered rude and unsanitary to spit in public.
- To maintain the safety of all participants, every individual’s temperature will be checked with a thermal scanner before they are allowed entry into the venue.
- The consumption of alcoholic drinks, tobacco products, gutka (a type of Indian betel nut), and paan (a popular Indian mouth freshener) is not allowed.
Guidelines for Wedding Guests Attending During COVID-19
- To protect everyone our guests, we require that everyone has the Aarogya Setu app installed and their Bluetooth turned on.
- The event is restricted to people who are inside a quarantine area.
- Only guests with a pass are allowed to enter the venue.
- The elderly, children and pregnant women are not allowed at this event.
- A guest who has a fever of 99.5°F or 37.5°C or has a cough, a cold, or difficulties breathing will not be allowed to attend the wedding.
- All wedding guests, including the bride and groom, must wear a face mask.
- Individuals should be separated by a minimum of 1 m to avoid interaction.
For additional COVID inquiries, phone numbers may be found at the end of this page.
Find a list of COVID-19 Helpline Numbers in Karnataka.